Systems Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
The Wi-Fi Alliance is seeking an energetic Systems Engineer to be responsible for a diverse mix of activities, including new program development, technical and operations for certification projects. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent within Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of establishing Wi-Fi technology as the center of seamless connectivity.
The successful candidate is a consummate team player who embraces tasks of all disciplines and complexity with unwavering enthusiasm and commitment. He/she thrives in an ever-changing startup atmosphere, leveraging limited resources and independently juggling many challenges and priorities while working together with software development teams and member groups to launch and support strategic mid to long term quality, membership, and program initiatives to a rapidly growing industry.
- Work with staff and member resources to develop industry leading certification programs based on IEEE 802.11 standards, Wi-Fi Alliance-developed specifications and related initiative, providing leadership, direction, and advocacy as necessary to technical task groups
- Assist in development of new and innovative approaches to certification tests to address cycle time/quality/scalability goals for the Wi-Fi Alliance certification program
- Work closely with R&D Lab and other operations personnel on cross functional technical and operations initiatives
- Assist in coordination of equipment, facilities and event planning details
- Assess test equipment performance and interoperability
- Conduct testing for test bed equipment qualifications and certifications
- Help in maintaining reference set of test bed equipment for testing and training
- Assist in developing training materials for current and upcoming certification programs
- Assist in conducting training in the Wi-Fi Alliance lab
- Assist in setting up and conducting lab qualifications, including definition of technical requirements
- Assist in organization's quality initiatives through audits and calibration programs
- Assist in creating documentation
- Review program data and help drive program changes as needed
- Provide technical support to staff, members, 3rd party labs, and other key partners to consistently provide outstanding customer services
- Four year technical degree in related field, advanced degree in technology is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Wi-Fi technology (testing, HW/SW development, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success working in dispersed, cross functional, and international teams
- Hands-on experience with Wi-Fi Alliance test plans/certification platforms is a big plus
- Experience in scripting languages like PERL or Python a big plus
- Experience with various Linux operating systems a plus.
- This is a full time position with salary commensurate with education, credentials and experience
- The position is located in Santa Clara, CA with no relocation provided
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
About the Wi-Fi Alliance®
The Wi-Fi Alliance is a global non-profit industry association of hundreds of leading companies devoted to seamless connectivity. With technology development, market building, and regulatory programs, the Wi-Fi Alliance has enabled widespread adoption of Wi-Fi worldwide.
The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ program was launched in March 2000. It provides a widely recognized designation of interoperability and quality and it helps to ensure that Wi-Fi-enabled products deliver the best user experience. The Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 12,500 product certifications, encouraging the expanded use of Wi-Fi products and services in new and established markets.