Senior Systems Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Job Site: 3408 Garrett Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Job Duties: Review, introduce and maintain test plans; test bed equipment and automation scripts and run tests during events; and conduct regression testing in between events. Report issues, validate fixes, qualify and train the Test Engineers at Wi-Fi Alliance and provide technical support to Engineers at Wi-Fi Alliance member companies.
- Perform new program development and sustain certification programs;
- Assist in training staff and contractors and help in the planning of workloads and schedules;
- Ensure test plans follow specifications, IEEE (Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering) standards, best practices, Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD’s), and SOP’s policies.
- Review and introduce new test cases;
- Responsible for assigned Plugfest and product qualification events for new programs;
- Participate in technical task group meetings for Wi-Fi certification programs;
- Maintain test bed equipment;
- Qualify software fixes, and replace obsolete hardware;
- Ensure interoperability between devices;
- Train authorized test labs, create training material and presentations;
- Review lab qualification data, and audit labs;
- Provide technical support to Engineers of Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, reproduce issues and provide fixes;
- Review certification results;
- Provide feedback on certification system;
- Provide software support by validating the software deliverables from the cross-functional teams within Wi-Fi Alliance;
- Train Wi-Fi Alliance staff and contractors, be a subject matter expert (SME) in several certification programs and share technical knowledge with other staff members;
- Plan workload and schedules;
- Perform special systems engineering projects as assigned.
Position requirements: Bachelor degree (or foreign equivalent) in Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, plus 5 years of progressive experience with software development, including creating and maintaining test plans, ensuring test plans follow specifications, complying with IEEE standards and best practices, and creating market requirements documents (MRDs).
Experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include:
- 5 years of experience supporting Plugfest and product qualification events for new software programs;
- 5 years of experience maintaining test bed equipment, qualify software fixes, replace obsolete hardware and ensuring interoperability between devices;
- 5 years of experience training authorized test labs, creating training material and presentations and reviewing lab qualification data;
- 5 years of experience providing technical support to members, reproduce issues and provide fixes;
- 5 years of experience reviewing certification results, provide feedback on certification systems; and
- 5 years of experience supporting the test automation development and providing software support.
To learn more & to apply online at email@example.com & reference Job Code WF-025
This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance®
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 50,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.