Accounting Specialist -AP/AR (Austin, TX)
Wi-Fi Alliance is the network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an energetic Accounting Specialist is responsible for the company’s daily accounts receivable and accounts payable processes as well as processing the semi monthly payroll for approximately 50 employees.
The Accounting Specialist reports to the Accounting Manager. He/she is an accomplished team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. They will apply accounting knowledge, logic and common sense to complex situations while anticipating the overall impact to the team and the organization. They work with the best technical and marketing talent to support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Accounts Receivable:
- Enter cash receipts and apply the payments to the corresponding invoices
- Generate and issue monthly certification fee invoices, send monthly statements and work with members and authorized test labs to ensure timely and accurately invoicing
- Accounts Payable:
- Collect, sort and code incoming payable invoices and distribute them to the proper manager for approval while ensuring timely payment
- Administer weekly vendor payments by check, wire, or ACH
- Verify, process and code approved employee reimbursements and administer payment via ACH
- Payroll Processing:
- Prepare and submit bi-monthly payroll for 50+ employees
- Run necessary payroll reports
- Submit 401K contributions for processing
- Submit the Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions for processing
- Assist the HR Manager with any payroll questions
- Participate in the month end close process (bank reconciliations, journal entries, reconciling credit cards, etc.)
- Ensure that all procedures are sufficiently documented
- Participate in the annual membership renewal process
- Work with members to ensure their contact information is up to date
- Assist in running numerous reports to prepare the membership renewal invoices
- Generate and issue invoices for 600+ members
- Respond to any questions or issues the members have regarding their membership renewal
- Coordinate with the Accounting Manager to design and implement methods of tracking and improving Days of Accounts Receivable and Days of Accounts Payable metrics
- Perform special projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting of Finance preferred, but will consider equivalent combination of education and expierence in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (3) years of accounting experience (AP/AR/Payroll)
- Experience/willingness to work in a dynamic or small-business setting
- Experience/willingness to work in an international (Asia) business operation
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include advanced Excel skills
- FinancialForce and ADP experience is preferred
Skills and Behaviors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking to public or senior audiences
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Highly ethical, adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values
- Results-oriented and embraces small company environment (no job too big or too small)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Ability to work more than 40 hours weekly as needed
- Ability to work evening hours, weekend hours and holidays as needed
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the global impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as an Accounting Specialist – AP/AR and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com .This position is located in Austin, Texas, no relocation is available .To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org .Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance®
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 50,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.