Customer Engineering - Software Engineer (Taipei, Taiwan)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Software Engineer in customer engineering to support Wi-Fi Alliance members to apply for Wi-Fi certifications. He or she will sustain the Wi-Fi test automation tools and scripts to validate all aspects of Wi-Fi support. He or she will support Wi-Fi Alliance members for test plan clarification and troubleshooting for Wi-Fi test automation tools and scripts. He or she will work with the best technical talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Develop and maintain the Wi-Fi certification test tools in Python, Perl, C tool..etc
- Develop and troubleshoot Wi-Fi certification test tools and services according to specifications and test plans
- Interface with customers on product level issues and problem identification and resolution
- Work closely with internal teams to understand the architecture of the Wi-Fi certification test and to sustain test plans and automation tool to drive Wi-Fi Certification testing
- Work with the internal teams for maintenance tasks and troubleshoot the issues of Wi-Fi certification test
- Document and knowledge share with the team
- 3-5 years working experience with Wireless technology which includes Wireless AP/STA, Wireless extenders & Wireless standards (802.11b/g/4/5/6)
- 3+ years of experience in software development. e.g. Python scripting, Perl scripting, etc
- Familiarity with industry-standard Wi-Fi test tools. e.g. debuggers with Wireshark and Omnipeek
- Experience working with popular network protocol, such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, ARP, NAT, Bridging, Switching
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science fields (Master’s degree preferred)
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be an incredibly successful Principal Software Engineer – Wi-Fi Certification Test Management Service and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Taiwan. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.