Director of Business Development (Austin, TX or Remote US)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Director of Business Development, responsible for developing a detailed understanding of the value Wi-Fi Alliance brings to both the Wi-Fi and technology industries and the value Wi-Fi brings to products and services. In the North America and EMEA regions, they serve as the lead for ecosystem engagement, partner outreach, and enabling the cultivation of prospective member companies. The Director of Business Development works with executives and other key staff to create membership and certification growth strategies that contribute to the five-year financial plan, outlining specific goals for member engagement, new partnerships, and growth opportunities through product certification within the industry. They build strong relationships with key member companies and industry partners.
The Director of Business Development reports to the Sr. Vice President of Marketing. They are results-focused with the confidence and self-drive to achieve stakeholder buy-in for the strategies they develop and to direct the successful execution of those strategies. The Director of Business Development is a team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating, and influencing across a variety of organizational functions and levels. They will work with the best technical talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Develop relationships at key levels within current and prospective member company business units to advance the mission and goals of Wi-Fi Alliance through strengthened member understanding and business-focused contribution to Wi-Fi Alliance activities that are critical to members’ success in the market
- Develop and nurture strategic partnerships with ecosystem leaders within the broader technology industry to promote the value Wi-Fi brings to products and services and increase “stickiness” of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- Support the membership team in meeting corporate revenue goals by using market knowledge to align the selling process to the way members wants to buy, directly contributing to the sales pipeline, and driving initiatives that directly contribute to the five-year financial plan.
- Support the product management team in ensuring our portfolio of certification programs in the market are meeting member and Wi-Fi market needs
- Manage the establishment of US member representative operations, in close collaboration with the Wi-Fi Alliance Vice President of Membership, to facilitate the growth of our global membership team
- Influence and inform the ongoing development of global Wi-Fi Alliance Strategy through the dissemination of industry intelligence, trends, and member insights to Wi-Fi Alliance executives and other staff stakeholders
- Support analysis and proposal development for strategic initiatives and enhanced offerings to drive revenue growth through the delivery of greater membership and certification value
- Manage the Wi-Fi Alliance Liaison Program to ensure liaison relationships deliver value to Wi-Fi Alliance
- 10+ years of highly successful technology experience in international business development or sales
- Wi-Fi industry experience
- Industry association experience
- Strong negotiation, collaboration, critical thinking, and business strategy skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all companies and organizations that ultimately support the Wi-Fi Alliance mission
- High aptitude for listening and understanding customer/market problems and the ability to help formulate solutions
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Microsoft Teams and Salesforce
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking to public or senior audiences
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
Education and Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or other related discipline (MBA preferred)
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Director of Business Development and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you . To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com .This position is located in Austin, Texas, and may consider remote candidates, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org . Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.