Marketing Manager (Austin, TX)
Our Marketing Manager will be a passionate, innovative thinker with a detailed understanding of the value that Wi-Fi brings to society. In your role, you will support the development of our certification programs and enabling technologies (these are our “products”) and high-impact marketing programs to promote them. In addition, you will work with the marketing and engineering team within our organization and with Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of establishing Wi-Fi technology as the center of seamless connectivity. The Marketing Manager will frame and facilitate strategic initiatives, championing evolution of business practices to address industry and business needs, and capitalize on opportunity.
The core responsibilities of this Marketing Manager role are:
- Develop deep understanding of technologies and markets, including both end-user and ecosystem value proposition, competitive environment, and market context
- Drive marketing initiatives to support strategic and business objectives for certification programs and key market segments. May include communications programs, research projects, ecosystem outreach, events, etc.
- Support industry-driven marketing task groups in development, positioning, and launch of testing and validation programs for a variety of target markets and applications
- Become a subject matter expert on assigned programs to serve as a resource for executives, media spokespeople, and the communications team
- Engage and develop strong relationships with member company representatives (marketing and communications teams) to deepen participation in Wi-Fi Alliance activities
- Develop and drive ecosystem outreach activities that may target member companies, retailers, service providers, utility companies or other market segments
- Work effectively with communications team to define positioning, build messaging, and develop high-impact external marketing programs to support assigned areas of focus
- Design and oversee market research/polling projects, provide data and analysis to support strategic planning and marketing program development
- Perform data analysis, evaluation of marketing program performance, assessment of membership engagement and composition to guide marketing decisions
Do you have at least 7 years of highly successful work experience with at least 2-3 years experience in a hardware/software/services technology organization? Do you share our excitement for Wi-Fi technology?
Other critical skills our Marketing Manager must possess include:
- Demonstrated results developing and managing marketing programs from start to finish
- Experience driving product positioning and messaging creation
- Demonstrated effectiveness at communication, negotiating, managing relationships, influencing, with diverse stakeholders
- Active engagement with engineering organizations from a business perspective or management of business priorities within an engineering organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel frequently
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline (Master’s degree is preferred)
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as our Marketing Manager and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Austin, Texas. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.com/E-Verify.