Office Manager (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced and energetic Office Manager to provide administrative support for the Research and Development lab in Santa Clara, CA. He/she will report to the Vice President of Technology and Engineering.
- Manages reception area to ensure effective & professional telephone and email communications, both internally and externally
- Maintain neat and orderly office setting
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and shipments
- Provide administrative support for events and lab activities – arrange catering, coordinate janitorial and garbage pickups
- Responsible for distribution and control of security access keys
- Planning and assisting with regular all-hands meetings, office and company events, special projects
- Responsible for the purchase of all office supplies, furniture, and equipment, including negotiating and researching best prices
- Manages office space
- Regular communication with office landlord/management company regarding ongoing office space needs (HVAC, common area maintenance, doors, lighting, etc)
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, printers, fax, etc.
- Manages the ordering and storage of company food, beverages and supplies for the kitchen
- Arrange meetings, team events, and appointments for guests and employees as requested
- Assist HR Manager as needed with new hire onboarding documents
- Run errands as needed
- Perform special projects as assigned
Experience & Requirements
- 5-7 years of prior administrative experience with at least 3+ years in an Office Management role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office programs, especially Outlook, experience with Adobe applications (Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of clients
- Incumbent is organized, able to provide exceptional customer service, handle confidential information appropriately, and able to remain focused.
- Experience using standard office equipment
High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Office Manager and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.