Senior Events Manager (Austin, TX)
Wi-Fi Alliance is the network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an energetic Sr. Events Manager to define, manage and oversee a range of international events including trade association member meetings, virtual events, regional outreach, trade shows, and hosted industry events. The Sr. Events Manager is responsible for delivering highly rated events within budget and which deliver on the business objectives of Wi-Fi Alliance. The Sr. Events Manager is also responsible for development and execution of strategic projects each year, as determined by organizational goals.
The Sr. Events Manager reports to the Director of Marketing. He/she is an accomplished team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. They will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. In addition, they will advance new ideas based on contact with customers, prospects, and stakeholders within the Wi-Fi ecosystem. They will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Plan and execute three week-long member meetings per year. Includes site planning and negotiations, agenda development, planning off-site social events, logistics coordination, and management of networking vendor.
- Plan and execute virtual events and webinars as needed, including logistics planning, speaker coordination, invitation and event promotion, materials, and video posting, follow up emails and ratings surveys.
- Lead the planning of additional Wi-Fi Alliance events as required: regional symposia, Board meetings, summits, regulatory roundtables, liaison-related events, etc. Includes venue selection, contract negotiation, logistics coordination, management of content creation calendar and post-event feedback, etc.
- Oversee site selection process for member meetings. Includes developing request-for-proposal, collecting/analyzing proposals, and negotiating final contract.
- Track and report budget performance, ensuring all events are within defined limits. Identify opportunities to conserve costs through sponsorships and operational efficiencies.
- Lead promotion efforts for events – targeted emails, list rentals, reminder emails, web postings, etc.
- Manage planning for Wi-Fi Alliance presence at industry trade shows including research of events, sponsorship opportunity actualization, and speaker opportunities.
- Coordinate content posting on defined areas of www.wi-fi.org, including event notifications, registrations, etc.
- Manage Cvent registration system for all member meetings and symposia.
- Collect and report delegate satisfaction metrics for events.
- Gather executive input/objectives and deliver to those requirements.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years of event planning/management experience
- Experience managing international events or working with international delegates
- Experience with SalesForce, marketing email clients (ExactTarget preferred), event registration system (Cvent preferred), event mobile applications, and webinar tools
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, web applications and Project Management software
Skills and Behaviors
- Stratgic thinker: ability to assess content/situations, to identify areas for improvement, to develop plan for solution, and to report findings to upper management
- Strong collaboration, critical thinking, and business strategy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Highly ethical, adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values
- Results-oriented and embraces small company environment (no job too big or too small)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Ability to travel, including internationally, (20%)
- Ability to work more than 40 hours weekly as needed
- Ability to work evening hours, weekend hours and holidays as needed
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the global impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Sr. Events Manager and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you . To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org .This position is located in Austin, Texas, no relocation is available .To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org .Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.