Senior IT Manager (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
We are seeking a customer-oriented and hands-on Senior IT Manager to ensure first class IT operations across our global organization. This includes network administration, device management, services contracting, help desk support, equipment provisioning and collaboration tools management.
IT infrastructure reliability, stability, security and performance monitoring are critical to our ability to effectively operate. The successful candidate is responsible for the management of business-critical systems, including the prevention of service interruptions or outages, and quickly resolving ongoing issues.
- Develop, maintain and manage IT policies and procedures to ensure effective and reliable operations, including clear and concise communication and training across company user communities. Includes applicable service level agreements (SLAs) for the help desk, user guides, employee handbooks, and ongoing bulletins to announce changes or tips to increase productivity and security.
- Monitor servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues.
- Oversee infrastructure upgrades and installations and introduce new methods to streamline the process, monitor the system to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
- Implement and maintain system security relating to resiliency, malware intrusion, and patching, and conduct systems testing to ensure that critical vulnerabilities become identified.
- Provide rapid response and immediate solutions for Help Desk escalations to ensure user impact on productivity is minimized.
- Manage the IT budget, including negotiation of service provider contracts and capital purchases.
- 10+ years working in a fast-paced IT environment, including 5+ years in a management or lead role
- System administration for Windows, Mac and Linux servers and end user devices
- Microsoft 365 and Active Directory administration, with SharePoint development and administration a plus
- Salesforce administration, including Identity and Identity Connect for SSO services
- Network administration: Cisco/Meraki controllers, switches, APs and firewalls
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning, including data backup and verification testing
- Cloud administration with AWS and Azure for application and website hosting, server backups, and SSO management
- FTP administration and configuration
- Additional desirable skills/experience in Drupal, GitHub, and Atlassian Confluence and Jira
B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technology with an emphasis on security control. Also desirable is a certificate in the field of Security Operations, such as SSCP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, and OSCP.
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff engage with members, partners, and government form around the world – a unique opportunity to witness the global impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Sr. IT Manager and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.