Senior Marketing Communications Manager (Austin, TX)
Wi-Fi Alliance is the network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Sr. Marketing Communications Manager to lead marketing campaign strategy and development, including identification of key campaigns and project milestones. Develop and execute global marketing communications projects, supporting key campaigns and program launch milestones. Develop and execute on a wide variety of marketing communications, interactive and digital communications, social media, media activity, messaging, and program launch activities. Create effective external communications for executive team including event presentations and articles. Manage special projects and vendors in support of all marketing communications activity.
The Sr. Marketing Communications Manager reports to the Director of Marketing. He/she is an accomplished team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. They will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. In addition, they will advance new ideas based on contact with customers, prospects, and stakeholders within the Wi-Fi ecosystem. They will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Manage global communications launch activities for certification programs in a variety of target markets and applications
- Support global communications efforts with positioning/messaging, marketing content and collateral, research studies, presentations, etc.
- Research and introduce new marketing media outreach methods to team
- Negotiate and manage marketing and research vendor relationships; develop relationship with key analysts
- Define, collect and report business results from communications activities
- Work independently with subject matter experts to develop industry white papers, messaging, contributed articles, blog postings, electronic and social media content
- Monitor industry media and research for reuse in marketing materials and social media activities
- Define strategy and develop content for interactive marketing (web content, e-newsletters, social media, The Beacon blog etc.)
- Support member-driven and member-focused activities (member meetings and events) and marketing initiatives (program launches, trade shows, etc.)
- Develop and maintain marketing communications collateral style guide
- Work with member company representatives to deepen marketing participation and engage marketing and branding resources in Wi-Fi Alliance activities and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Evolve key collateral templates and tools including whitepapers, technology overviews, highlights sheets and master presentation deck
- Mentor junior communications team members
- Perform special projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing communications or related field
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of high-tech marketing communications
- International communications experience a plus
Skills and Behaviors
- Results-oriented with ability to deliver results on time, consistently meeting or exceeding goals
- Strong collaboration, critical thinking and business strategy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking to public or senior audiences
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible to handle rapid change
- Results-oriented and embraces small company environment (no job too big or too small)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple international cultures
- Ability to travel, including internationally, (5-10%)
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.