Senior Sales Representative (Austin, Texas or Remote US)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Sr. Sales Representative, responsible for generating leads for membership and certification in the assigned territory and achieving revenue targets for membership renewal, new member acquisition and certification. He/she will coordinate with our marketing team and channel partners to work leads from discovery to close and transition new members to our Member Relationship Manager. He/she will engage with current and prospective members face-to-face, over the phone and via e-mail. He/she will execute sales strategy and identify new opportunities for Wi-Fi Alliance.
The Sr. Sales Representative reports to the Vice President of Membership. He/she is results-focused with the confidence and self-drive to achieve results. The Sr. Sales Representative is a team player, adept at managing relationships and collaborating with other stakeholders. He/she will work with the best technical talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Seek new member prospects within assigned territory, develop member pipeline
- Contact potential members via email and phone to present Wi-Fi Alliance membership and certification opportunities
- Maintain records of contact and member activity
- Track, analyze, and report results in SalesForce.
- Write and present reports to management
- Meet or exceed new membership revenue targets
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business development or sales, with proven track record on channel business and ecosystem partner development
- Strong background / interest on IT / communication technology
- Highly skilled at sales techniques and demonstrates strong understanding of products/services
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to travel 10~15% of the time within assigned territory
Education and Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Sr. Sales Representative and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you . To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com .This position is located in Austin, Texas, and may consider remote candidates, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org . Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.