Senior Software QA Engineer (Taiwan)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Software QA Engineer who will be responsible for developing test automation, writing test scripts, test execution and test reports. He or she will maintain the test automation platform, develop scripts to validate all aspects of the software, maintain books of scripts and execute the scripts for software releases. In this role, he or she will collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions; supporting program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Execute tests and provide reports to engineering teams.
- Qualify the Certification Test Tools and perform end-to-end flow testing.
- Qualify the test platforms such as Access Point and Station.
- Perform feature, functional and regression testing
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing test systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide technical support to members. Reproduce issues and provide fixes.
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Automate the test case execution by following continuous integration and continue development best practices alongside other engineers on a team and consistently apply best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- 3+ years of experience
- Deep knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python
- Experiences with computer networking
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi technology
- Experience with Wi-Fi test plans/certification platforms a plus
- Experiences with various Linus operating systems a plus
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills with proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software systems that span multiple platforms including Linux and Windows
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field (Advanced degree preferred)
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Software QA Engineer and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Taiwan. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.