Social Media Specialist (Austin, TX)
Wi-Fi Alliance is the network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Social Media Specialist to create optimized content that promotes Wi-Fi Alliance programs and technologies across all channels. You will be responsible for understanding broader marketing communications objectives to assist in monitoring relevant trends, topics and conversations from consumer tech, telecom, wireless, and regulatory influencers on social media, as well as maintaining weekly content calendars and creating social media campaigns to support certification program launches, blogs and podcasts.
The Social Media Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Marketing Communications. He/she is an accomplished team player, adept at managing relationships and collaborating across a variety of organizational functions. They will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Execute social media strategy identified by marketing communications team; generate new ideas for social promotion through competitive research and tech industry benchmarking
- Gain awareness of Wi-Fi Alliance messaging and key audiences to ensure consistency across channels, targeting messaging to specific audiences where appropriate
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content that promotes Wi-Fi technologies and reaches Wi-Fi Alliance members and technology and regulatory influencers
- Run and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company’s social content
- Create weekly social media editorial calendars
- Create quote cards and other visually appealing content to aid in promotion of member quotes or key technology and regulatory insights
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices and then acting on the information
- Identify new ways to leverage existing and new Wi-Fi Alliance content developed by marketing communications team for social media (i.e., repurposing graphics)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, web applications, Sprout, HootSuite and/or other social media monitoring tools
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Creative, forward-thinking, organized, positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking ability
- International communications experience and an ability to understand technical concepts with the capability to adapt and modify communication style to multiple audiences
- Basic graphic design concepts (i.e., ability to edit and adapt quote cards using existing templates)
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.