Software Architect (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Software Architect to develop Wi-Fi test automation software and scripts. He or she will design and develop the next generation Wi-Fi test automation platform. This role will lead a software development team by managing the development, testing, and release life cycle. They will support program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions. They will drive and contribute open source efforts to improve the quality of software. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Develop new product concepts and development, deliver product prototypes.
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components.
- Coach and mentor software engineers
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends and communicate to the business
- Embrace the innovative culture and actively participate in innovation
- Recommend development best practices
- Recognized expert in WFA software and technologies
- Drive and solve technical problem across multiple teams
- Ability to travel, including internationally, 10% of the time
- 10+ years of experience
- Expert in C, C++, Python
- Expert in software and system architecture
- Solid experience in design and development of computer network, multi-threaded, database, embedded, and distributed applications
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design experience and familiar with design patterns and various software architectures
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux kernels and device drivers
- Familiar with IEEE 802.11x and other Wi-Fi technologies
- Working experience with Agile methodology and development
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software system that runs on multiple platforms including Linux and Windows
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients
Skills and Behaviors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
- Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field (Master’s degree preferred)
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Software Architect and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.