Software Engineer in Test (Taipei, Taiwan)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks a Software Engineer in Test responsible for developing test automation, writing test scripts, test execution and test reports. He or she will maintain the test automation platform, develop scripts to validate all aspects of the software, maintain books of scripts, execute the scripts for software releases, write tickets to report issues, provide coverage reports and product status reports. He or she will collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientist, business users, product managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions. Support program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions.
- Develop and document detail test plans based on the functional and technical specifications
- Develop and update test automation frameworks, using SaaS components where possible.
- Execute tests and provide reports to engineering teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on a team and consistently apply best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- 3+ years working experience
- Experiences with test plan development based on functional specifications
- Experience with cloud backend and web services testing
- Experience with cloud product development and testing on any cloud services, e.g. AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with Web/API automation test development, ex Selenium / Robot framework / Jmeter
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software systems, experience with ELK to analyze the logs
- Experience with test management system, e.g. TestRail or TestLink
- Familiar with SQL syntax
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science fields (Master’s degree preferred)
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be an incredibly successful Software Engineer in Test and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Taiwan. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.