Software Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Software Engineer to develop Wi-Fi test automation software and scripts with SaaS components. He or she will design and develop the next generation Wi-Fi test automation platform and develop scripts to validate all aspects of Wi-Fi support, including security, multimedia, power save, throughput and other features. He or she will support program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Analyze, design and develop a test automation framework with SaaS components for Wi-Fi certification methodologies.
- Develop software in an agile environment using various configuration management technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Mentors and trains junior members of the team
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience with computer networking, multi-threaded, concurrent programming. Additional experience with cloud backend and web services is a plus
- Working with Wi-Fi Technology
- Strong DevOps focus and experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design experience and familiar with design patterns and various software architectures
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software systems that span multiple platforms including Linux and Windows
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field (Master’s degree preferred)
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Software Engineer and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.