Systems Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Systems Engineer who will be responsible for new program development and sustaining certification programs. He or she will review test plans, automation scripts, run tests during events and regression testing in between events, report issues, validate fixes, qualify and train authorized test lab and provide technical support to members. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Ensure test plans follow specifications, IEEE standards, best practices, MRDs, WFA policies, etc.
- Review and introduce new test cases
- Develop and test automation scripts
- Support plugfest and product qualification events for new programs
- Qualify software fixes, replace obsolete hardware, and ensure interoperability between devices
- Review lab qualification data
- Train authorized test labs to include creation of training material and presentations
- Provide technical support to members – reproduce issues and provide fixes
- Provide software support
- Perform special projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience as a test engineer, preferably with hands-on IEEE 802.11 experience
- Experience in scripting languages like PERL or Python
- Experience with Wi-Fi test plans/certification platforms a plus
- Experience with various Linux operating systems a plus
Skills and Behaviors
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field (Advanced degree preferred)
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff travel all over the world to engage with members, partners, and government – a unique opportunity to gain international experience and witness the impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Systems Engineer and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance®
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 50,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.