Software Engineer (Santa Clara, CA)
Wi-Fi Alliance is a global trade organization that prizes collaboration. Wi-Fi Alliance staff work with cutting edge technology in a dynamic and inspiring work culture that supports a strong work/life balance, new opportunities, and individual growth. Regardless of discipline, all who work at Wi-Fi Alliance contribute to delivering the terrific user experience for which Wi-Fi is known.
Wi-Fi Alliance seeks an experienced Software Engineer to develop Wi-Fi test automation software and scripts with SaaS components. He or she will design and develop the next generation Wi-Fi test automation platform and develop scripts to validate all aspects of Wi-Fi support, including security, multimedia, power save, throughput and other features. He or she will support program development and self-certification business by providing and delivering high-value solutions. He/she will work with the best technical and marketing talent in Wi-Fi Alliance member companies, driving industry-visible efforts that support the mission of connecting everyone and everything, everywhere.
- Analyze, design and develop a test automation framework with SaaS components for Wi-Fi certification methodologies.
- Develop software in an agile environment using various configuration management technologies.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, technology experts, scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Mentors and trains junior members of the team
- BS/MS in CS or EE or science field with 3+ years of experience or equivalent
- Python, and C/C++ experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience with computer networking, multi-threaded, concurrent programming.
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi technology is a plus
- Strong DevOps focus and experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design experience and familiar with design patterns and various software architectures
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with proficiency in diagnosing and troubleshooting complex software systems that span multiple platforms including Linux and Windows
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients
Skills and Behaviors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, demonstrated proficiency in addressing international audiences
- Proven success working in dispersed, cross-functional, and international (time-shifted) teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other related science field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Windows Platform - Windows 10
- Linux Platform – Ubuntu/Fedora/Debian
- Database - SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Technologies (Web) - HTML, CSS, AJAX, XML, XSD, XSLT, jQuery, JSON, SOAP, REST
- Network Protocols and Programming - TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, Telnet, 802.11x, BSD Socket/WinSock
Competitive compensation and benchmark benefits package, including 100% employee paid healthcare premiums, 401K matching, generous PTO, and fitness allowance. Wi-Fi Alliance staff engage with members, partners, and government form around the world – a unique opportunity to witness the global impact of Wi-Fi.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as a Software Engineer and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is located in Santa Clara, California, no relocation is available. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 75,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.