Director of Program Management (Austin, TX)
Our Director of Program Management will be a passionate, innovative thinker with a detailed understanding of the value that Wi-Fi brings to society. In your role, you will oversee a team that delivers a range of program management activities to drive and support Wi-Fi Alliance certification program development and commercialization, manage the worldwide certification testing network, and support the online certification system. In addition, you will administer quality improvement projects and third-party vendor management. The Program Management Director works in close collaboration with the executive team, engineering directors and other managers to ensure cross-functional communication and harmonization during the development, commercialization and sustaining phases of programs and projects.
The core responsibilities of the Director of Program Management role are:
- Supervise team of individual contributors who directly support Wi-Fi Alliance certification program development and sustainment
- Supervise the management of new certification program commercialization and other projects to support Wi-Fi Alliance strategic priorities and organizational evolution
- Foster cross-functional teamwork, collaboration, and positive work environment throughout the organization
- Establish, enable, and report high service level standards for member certification support
- Maintain a high-quality worldwide network of Authorized Test Labs, effective test bed fulfillment, and member certification labs
- Oversee the development and maintenance of policies and guidelines to support program development, execution, and ongoing operations
- Synthesize and report on resource expenditures, program management activities, and task group progress to foster executive oversight
- Engage and develop strong relationships with member company representatives and third-party vendors to foster effective collaboration
- Support program management focus in the development and commercialization of industry certification programs and enabling technologies
- Contribute industry knowledge and organization-wide perspective to drive tactical and strategic decisions
- Promote and develop best practices in the areas of program management, processes, and building consensus
Do you have at least 10 years of highly successful work experience and at least 5-7 years of directly-applicable program management experience in a technology organization? Do you enjoy managing a team of professionals? Do you share our excitement for Wi-Fi technology?
Other critical skills our Director of Program Management must possess include:
- Demonstrated success managing project and program managers who deliver projects on time and within budget
- Proficiency in developing and executing strategic iniativies
- Experience with product requirements development and execution
- Familiarity with executive and board-level engagement including developing and presenting proposals and recommendations
- Multicultural experience across different geographies
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel frequently
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related discipline (Master’s degree is preferred).
To be successful at Wi-Fi Alliance, you must be a critical thinker; you must have the ability to achieve success independently while focusing on Wi-Fi Alliance’s business goals and objectives. You also must have demonstrated strategic and analytical thinking skills and the ability to see the broader picture and how your work contributes to the advancement of Wi-Fi technology.
If you have the talent and skills to be incredibly successful as our Director of Program Management and as a member of our team, we want to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest, including your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is located in Austin, Texas. To learn more about Wi-Fi Alliance, please visit our website at www.wi-fi.org. Wi-Fi Alliance participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.com/E-Verify.