Wi-Fi Home Design
Integrated, complete Wi-Fi coverage for the home
Wi-Fi in the home has evolved from an amenity to an expected utility. An enabling platform for growing number of smart home products and systems, Wi-Fi brings connectivity that is an important part of life at home. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design™ is a certification program from Wi-Fi Alliance that enables new home builders to offer built-in Wi-Fi networks with comprehensive coverage throughout the home, as well as outdoor living spaces.
Moving into a new home, buyers trust that the electricity and lighting work once service is established. Now, new home buyers can benefit from the same turnkey approach to Wi-Fi home networks. Wi-Fi Home Design plans integrate professionally designed Wi-Fi networks directly into builder floorplans. Each floorplan is specially created to provide whole home coverage based on the new home’s size, number of levels, and wall composition. Utilizing high quality, dual-band Wi-Fi CERTIFIED ac equipment and professional installation, Wi-Fi Home Design plans bring comprehensive, high performance Wi-Fi networks into newly constructed homes.
Turnkey, future-proofed Wi-Fi for the home
Wi-Fi Home Design not only enables home builders to extend their product offering, it gives home buyers convenience, peace of mind, and exceptional user experience. There is no need to purchase and install Wi-Fi access points after the home is built. Wi-Fi Home Design networks are move-in ready and are optimized to allow for a growing array of future smart home devices and systems.
Akin to builder-installed lighting schemes, turnkey Wi-Fi Home Design networks are professionally designed and implemented, bringing reliable, scalable, high-performance Wi-Fi to all parts of the home.
Wi-Fi Home Design networks deliver:
- Whole home coverage: Optimal placement of access points based on home specifications enable reliable, consistent coverage regardless of location on site, including attached garages, patios, and decks.
- Exceptional user experience: Utilizing the latest dual-band Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ ac equipment, Wi-Fi Home Design networks easily accommodate a wide variety of traffic demands – from 4K video streaming to intense online gaming – simultaneously.
- Long lasting satisfaction: Wi-Fi Home Design networks consider future growth in connected life and Wi-Fi usage over time, allowing a growing array of smart living devices and systems to be easily implemented in the home.
Home buyers interested in making the most of the Wi-Fi experience in newly constructed homes should ask their builder for a Wi-Fi Home Design floorplan.
|The Best Pros for Installing Smart Home Tech|
|Building Wi-Fi into the Home of the Future|
|Wi-Fi Alliance targets new homes for total connectivity|
|Lennar announces new Wi-Fi CERTIFIED homes|
|New houses will have Alexa and Wi-Fi built into the walls|
|Wi-Fi Home Design homes|
- Why has Wi-Fi Alliance created a home certification?
Home owners require wireless connectivity in their homes and builders are beginning to pre-install Wi-Fi into new homes. Wi-Fi Alliance worked with the home building community to create a program that ensures their installations provide new homes with reliable, consistent coverage and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED equipment to provide a turnkey, high performance Wi-Fi experience in the home.
- What types of homes are this certification for?
Currently, the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design certification is for newly built, single-family, detached dwellings.
- What is the process for getting a floorplan certified?
For builders to certify their design offerings:
- Join Wi-Fi Alliance. Members at the Contributor level may receive Wi-Fi Home Design certification.
- Follow the Wi-Fi Home Design program guidelines, which are available internally to members.
- Submit all required information to Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Once all program requirements are met and verified, the vendor’s floorplan receives certification.
- Each home design, or floorplan, receives a separate and unique certification based upon that plan meeting the program’s requirements.
- Program guidelines require that the member collect and submit a package of information describing specific information about the home network design associated with each floorplan. Information includes, but is not limited to:
- Number and type of access points to be deployed
- Site survey of the entire floorplan
- Equipment list, and other information as appropriate
- If I remodel my home can I get a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED floorplan?
The first stage for the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design program is for newly built homes. Future stages of the program may address the existing home market.
- Will my existing router work with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design home?
To be considered a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design plan, new home buyers should retire their existing equipment. Wi-Fi Home Design plans integrate the most recent technology to provide the most successful Wi-Fi experience.