Each year, Wi-Fi Alliance® recognizes the contributions of members and individuals who are setting a standard for participation and leadership in the Wi-Fi® industry. Awards are determined by leadership in Wi-Fi Alliance program development efforts that culminate in new Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ program introductions.
Wi-Fi Alliance defines innovative, standards-based Wi-Fi technologies and programs, certifies products that meet quality, performance, security, and capability standards, provides industry thought leadership, and advocates globally for fair spectrum rules. 700+ member companies make it all possible. We would like to recognize 2016 award winners in the categories of Member Engagement and Certification Activity, who work diligently to make Wi-Fi one of the world’s most valued and widely used technologies.
Member Engagement Awards
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation - Outstanding Leadership & Contribution for a New Member
- Marvell Semiconductor Inc. - Outstanding Leadership & Contribution
- Qualcomm - Outstanding Leadership & Contribution for a Sponsor Member
Certification Activity Awards
- Lemobile Information Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd. - Most certifications in 2016 for a new member
- LG Electronics - Most certifications in 2016
- Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH - Highest growth in number of certifications for 2016
Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance members have certified more than 30,000 Wi-Fi products. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED is an internationally-recognized seal of approval for products indicating that they have met industry-agreed standards for interoperability, security, and a range of application specific protocols.
Thank you for your participation and commitment to driving the interoperability, adoption, and evolution of Wi-Fi globally!
The statements and opinions by each Wi-Fi Alliance member and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions or views of Wi-Fi Alliance or any other member. Wi-Fi Alliance is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information provided by any member in posting to or commenting on this blog. Concerns should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.