Economic value of Wi-Fi® forecast in Africa, Middle East, and India
14 additional economies detailed in Wi-Fi Alliance® commissioned report
Austin, TX – September 14, 2021 – The Global Economic Value of Wi-Fi® (2021-2025) report now details individual forecasts for 14 additional economies in Africa, Middle East, and India. The study, commissioned by Wi-Fi Alliance® and originally released earlier this year, now focuses on 29 total economies that collectively contribute $3.3 trillion USD to the global economy in 2021, and are projected to reach nearly $5 trillion by 2025.
Key findings from the 14 additional economies include:
- Cameroon: $1 billion in economic value today, $3 billion by 2025
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC): $1 billion in economic value today, $2 billion by 2025
- Egypt: $9 billion in economic value today, $17 billion by 2025
- Gabon: $0.6 billion in economic value today, $1.2 billion by 2025
- India: $131 billion in economic value today, $240 billion by 2025
- Jordan: $2 billion in economic value today, $4 billion by 2025
- Kenya: $12 billion in economic value today, $16 billion by 2025
- Morocco: $6 billion in economic value today, $8 billion by 2025
- Nigeria: $16 billion in economic value today, $33 billion by 2025
- Oman: $2.6 billion in economic value today, $3 billion by 2025
- Saudi Arabia: $17 billion in economic value today, $24 billion by 2025
- Senegal: $1 billion in economic value today, $3 billion by 2025
- South Africa: $31 billion in economic value today, $44 billion by 2025
- Uganda: $1 billion in economic value today, $4 billion by 2025
Wi-Fi’s economic value in these 29 economies was assessed based on several key factors and global developments impacting the Wi-Fi industry. Calculations of each factor – including free Wi-Fi access, residential and enterprise savings, Wi-Fi 6 adoption, availability of 6 GHz spectrum, and the coronavirus pandemic – were combined with implications specific to each country to develop the economic value.
Find the Global Economic Value of Wi-Fi report here, view the report highlights sheet, and download a graphics package on our website: www.valueofwifi.org
*Global Wi-Fi economic impact forecasts overall were not impacted by detailed forecasts for 14 additional economies.
About Wi-Fi Alliance® | www.wi-fi.org
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 65,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.
Follow Wi-Fi Alliance:
Highwire PR for Wi-Fi Alliance