Exceptional network discovery, rapid authentication, and outstanding Wi-Fi network efficiency
Austin, TX – February 19, 2018 – Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Optimized Connectivity™ is a new Wi-Fi Alliance® certification program that optimizes the process of discovering Wi-Fi® networks, establishing connectivity, and ensuring users are best connected as they move across access points (APs) serving the same or different networks. Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity™ brings mobile device users a more seamless connectivity experience across Wi-Fi networks and delivers high-quality connections and improved quality of experience. A core component of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™, Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity brings greater manageability and mobility in Wi-Fi networks and opens new opportunities for service providers to increase network coverage while providing high-level service.
Based on the global standards IEEE 802.11ai, 802.11k, and on Wi-Fi Alliance defined technologies, Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity brings a harmonized approach to ensuring users are connected to the best quality Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity leverages the benefits of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband™. Key benefits of Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity include:
- Optimized network discovery enables client devices to quickly discover available networks
- Standardized link quality assessment helps client devices determine the most appropriate AP or network that will deliver the best connection
- Optimized authentication reduces overhead and enables faster initial authentication to a Wi-Fi network
- Streamlined transmissions allow devices to spend less time responding to network management traffic overhead and more time moving user data
“Wi-Fi Optimized Connectivity enables users to experience more consistent connections when roaming within and across Wi-Fi networks,” said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. “Wi-Fi Alliance continues to introduce new tools in its portfolio that improve mobility, manageability, and performance in Wi-Fi networks.”
The first Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Optimized Connectivity devices which comprise the test bed for interoperability certification are:
- Broadcom BCM4361 11ac STA Reference Design
- Intel® DUAL BAND WIRELESS-AC 8265
- Intel® Home Wi-Fi Chipset WAV500 Series
- Marvell 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi Test Bed Evaluation Kit
- Qualcomm® Home Networking Wi-Fi AC4 chipset
For more information, including a technology overview and technology highlights, please visit: https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-vantage.
About Wi-Fi Alliance®
Wi-Fi Alliance® is the worldwide network of companies that brings you Wi-Fi®. Members of our collaboration forum come together from across the Wi-Fi ecosystem with the shared vision to connect everyone and everything, everywhere, while providing the best possible user experience. Since 2000, Wi-Fi Alliance has completed more than 40,000 Wi-Fi certifications. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED seal of approval designates products with proven interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest industry-standard security protections in place. Today, Wi-Fi carries more than half of the internet’s traffic in an ever-expanding variety of applications. Wi-Fi Alliance continues to drive the adoption and evolution of Wi-Fi, which billions of people rely on every day.
Highwire PR for Wi-Fi Alliance
+1-646-838-1190 ext. 48