Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint®是一种适用于全行业的解决方案，可简化Wi-Fi接入，且无需用户每次访问网络时都进行寻找网络和验证身份的操作。Passpoint接入点（AP）几乎可以部署在从零售商店到企业、酒店、机场、体育场等大型运营商网络环境的任何地方。
Passpoint是Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™的关键组件之一，Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™由若干项技术组成，显著改善了运营商Wi-Fi网络的用户体验。Wi-Fi Vantage™设备既具有Passpoint轻松无缝的身份验证的诸多好处，又可提供更好的资源管理、企业级安全性和高性能Wi-Fi，在富有挑战性的网络环境中可造就更好的用户体验。
|What’s new in Wi-Fi® security?|
|Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™ 增加对最新Wi-Fi®功能的支持|
|CommScope: Wi-Fi® is key to education’s digital transformation|
|Wi-Fi Vantage certification adds support for managed wireless advancements|
|Wi-Fi Vantage adds Wi-Fi 6 support for ‘elevated’ user experience|
|New Aruba technologies let enterprises use wi-fi to extend 5G service indoors|
|Passpoint (Release 3) certified products|
|Passpoint (Release 2) certified products|
|Passpoint (Release 1) certified products|
|Wi-Fi Vantage certified products|
|Passpoint certified products|
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™： 提升运营商Wi-Fi®网络的体验 (2020)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™ 技术概述 (2020)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™ Field Trial Highlights
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint® 技术概述 (2019)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint® 亮点
- Infographic: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint®
- Hotspot 2.0 Specification Package (Passpoint Release 3)
- 下一代Wi-Fi®: 连接的未来 (2018)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Vantage™ 重点
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint® Operator Best Practices for AAA Interface Deployment (2019)
- Hotspot 2.0 Specification Package (Passpoint Release 2)
- 聚光灯下的Wi-Fi®呼叫： 消费者、企业与服务提供商利益 (2015)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint® Deployment Guidelines
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™: 帮助服务提供商完成Wi-Fi®部署的 重要战略性解决方案 (2014)
- How does Passpoint support service provider branding and customer relationships?
Passpoint enabled mobile devices can choose networks based on a list of preferred (direct or partner) providers, specific services and/or the best performance characteristics. For service providers offering a managed experience, seamless authentication is a valuable element, and Passpoint networks also support deployments where a click-through screen is essential for acceptance of terms and conditions or branding.
- How does Passpoint equipment support Wi-Fi roaming?
Passpoint devices use industry-agreed uniform mechanisms for discovering and creating secured connections to hotspots. This allows a subscriber to experience seamless Wi-Fi connectivity to a hotspot anywhere in the world a user’s provider has roaming agreements. Passpoint is specified as a requirement for the Wireless Broadband Alliance’s industry work on Wi-Fi roaming.
- What standards does Passpoint draw on?
Passpoint makes use of elements of IEEE 802.1X, 802.11u, 802.11i, and WPA3™-Enterprise security, as well as some Wi-Fi Alliance defined mechanisms.
- Who created the Passpoint program?
Members of Wi-Fi Alliance created the program. The group which developed Passpoint includes service providers, mobile operators, fixed line operators, and makers of mobile devices and infrastructure equipment.
- What does Passpoint mean for end users?
Passpoint provides a better Wi-Fi user experience while mobile. Users with certified Passpoint devices can enjoy the benefits of streamlined network selection and secure connectivity at Passpoint enabled hotspots. Passpoint-enabled devices operate based on user preference.
- What does Passpoint bring to hospitality?
Hospitality chains may own many brands but a single consolidated rewards program. Without Passpoint, either the rewards program SSID needs to be added at every hotel or users’ phones must be configured with several SSIDs. Passpoint can function with a single profile that identifies the rewards program instead of a hotel SSID. When a user visits an associated property, their device will automatically identify the access point and connect.
- Can existing equipment be upgraded for Passpoint?
The hardware and software platform of a given device determines whether it can be upgraded in the field. Equipment that has previously undergone certification testing can be updated and resubmitted for Passpoint certification.
- Can legacy clients join a network with Passpoint access points?
Legacy mobile devices can connect to Passpoint access points configured for open system authentication, although they will not enjoy Passpoint features for network selection, automatic authentication, or expanded security. A user connecting to an open network with a legacy mobile device will manually find the available networks and then select and connect to the preferred network.
The access points used in hotspot and enterprise networks are often configured to support multiple SSIDs (networks) on the same equipment; a configuration that offers a Passpoint-certified network and a separate open network allows Passpoint mobile devices to enjoy the full benefits while supporting legacy clients.
- Does Passpoint support voice over Wi-Fi?
The scope of Passpoint testing is to ensure that the mechanisms for seamless discovery and creation of a secured link are implemented correctly. It is application-agnostic.
- What types of equipment are tested for Passpoint?
Infrastructure equipment such as access points, and mobile and portable devices such as smartphones, tablets, and notebooks have been certified. Passpoint is available on both SIM and non-SIM Wi-Fi devices.
- Are Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products protected by security?
As of July 1, 2020, all new Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices require WPA3. The only way to be sure that a product meets the latest security standards is to purchase only Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products.
- How does Wi-Fi Alliance help ensure product compatibility and a good user experience for certified products?
Compatibility and quality are achieved through testing of Wi-Fi products. Consumers should always look for the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo to ensure the best user experience possible.