Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig™擴展了虛擬實境，多媒體，遊戲，無線對接和需要高速度的企業應用，資料密集型連接的Wi-Fi®體驗。WiGig®允許Wi-Fi設備進入擁擠的60 GHz頻段寬通道以每秒千兆比特速度傳輸有效資料。使用者受益於擴大容量和設備間集中傳輸而減少的干擾，即使在擁擠的環境中。
WiGig通過授權使用新的不擁擠的60 GHz頻段來補充Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ ac雙頻能力。這增加了Wi-Fi網路的能力，允許非常高的傳送速率。多頻段的Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig設備可以提供2.4, 5或 60 GHz頻段的連續無縫連接傳輸，帶來高品質的Wi-Fi體驗。
|Wi-Fi® gains momentum in 2018|
|Wi-Fi Alliance®公佈2018 Wi-Fi®預測|
|Wi-Fi Alliance®發佈2017年Wi-Fi發展趨勢 7點預測|
|VR Headsets to see Mass Adoption of WiGig for Wireless Solution|
|Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig products|
- Is Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig interoperable with previous versions of Wi-Fi?
Yes, multi-band Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig devices are interoperable with Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products operating in the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands.
- Are Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig devices multi-band?
The large majority of devices containing WiGig will be multi-band, combining support for the 2.4, 5, and 60 GHz frequency bands. Users can take advantage of more demanding applications and avoid interference from other devices using WiGig. Many devices will enable seamless transition across frequency bands.
- Is WiGig for use in the enterprise?
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig devices improve wireless performance in the enterprise in the following ways:
- Wireless docking, allowing employees to complete work from a multitude of devices without the burden of a wired connection
- More efficient in-office networking, allowing for large file transfers and bandwidth-heavy applications to run seamlessly
- Projecting graphics, and audio to a large screen in a conference room or auditorium with very low latency
- What applications are enabled with Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig?
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig handles today’s most demanding applications, like virtual reality and augmented reality, providing a more immersive user experience. Utilizing the 60 GHz band, WiGig can offload congestion in the Wi-Fi network. Devices within a WiGig connection range can:
- Transfer an HD movie to a tablet in a few seconds
- Play video and mobile games in device-to-device mode with no noticeable latency
- Stream multiple HD quality videos at one time
- Provide home theater experiences without wires
- What advances are enabled by Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig?
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig enables extremely high data rates, lower latency, and dynamic session transfer in multi-band devices. Products implementing the technology behind Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig features are capable of multi-gigabit data rates up to 8 Gbps – nearly double that of devices implementing Wi-Fi CERTIFIED ac features.
- Is WiGig available right now?
Yes, WiGig is available now. Search Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig devices in our Product Finder.
- How is WiGig different from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED ac or Wi-Fi CERTIFIED n?
WiGig is a complement to other WI-Fi CERTIFIED programs, enabling access to the 60 GHz frequency band for multi-band capability.
- WiGig utilizes the 60 GHz radio frequency band, while 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands are utilized in and n implementations
- WiGig provides a high throughput, low latency connection for devices within its range of operations
- WiGig uses beamforming to reduce interference and increase capacity
- How does Wi-Fi Alliance help ensure product compatibility and a good user experience for certified products?
Compatibility and quality are achieved through rigorous testing of Wi-Fi products. Consumers should always look for the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo to ensure the best user experience possible.