2012年推出的Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™是適用於整個行業的解決方案，既可以簡化熱點網絡連接，用戶亦無需於每次連接網絡時再重新搜尋並驗證網絡。在不支援Passpoint 的Wi-Fi網絡中，用戶每次連接時均需要重新搜索並且選擇網絡，要求連接到連接點（AP），並且大多數情況下，還需要重新輸入認證證書。Passpoint能夠自動完成上述過程，並且能够使熱點網絡與移動設備無間斷連接，同時還能够提供最高級別的WPA2™安全保護。連接到Wi-Fi網絡後，Passpoint即能够為用戶提供更近似於蜂窩網絡的體驗。
Passpoint是Wi-Fi Alliance ®與移動設備製造商、網絡設備供應商與營運商聯手開發的一項技術。Passpoint是各方深入合作，廣泛研究的成果，對終端用戶、網絡營運商與設備供應商來說是一個非常完美的解決方案。
終端用戶市場有望迎來無間斷Wi-Fi產品。最近，受Wi-Fi Alliance ®委託，針對美國與英國智能手機以及平板電腦用戶展開的一項調查顯示，由Passpoint支援的Wi-Fi服務不僅能够提高客戶忠誠度，而且還能够極大提升服務供應商以及零售商的商業價值。
|Wi-Fi® gains momentum in 2018|
|Wi-Fi Alliance®發佈2017年Wi-Fi發展趨勢 7點預測|
|Passpoint (Release 2) certified products|
|Passpoint (Release 1) certified products|
- 下一代Wi-Fi®: 連接的未來
- Passpoint (Release 2) Operator Best Practices for AAA Interface Deployment v3.0
- Passpoint (Release 1) Operator Best Practices for AAA Interface Deployment v1.0.1
- Hotspot 2.0 (Release 2) Technical Specification Package
- Hotspot 2.0 (Release 1) Technical Specification Package v1.0.0
- 備受瞩目的Wi-Fi®通訊： 消費者、企業與服務提供商的利益
- Passpoint (Release 2) Deployment Guidelines
- Infographic - Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™: Connect with customers
- Polling brief - Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™: Unlocking more customer value from Wi-Fi®
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™: 專為服務提供商部署Wi-Fi®而設的 重要戰略性解決方案 (2014)
- Unlocking the full business potential of cable Wi-Fi® (2014)
- Polling brief - Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™ adds value to service provider networks
- Passpoint (Release 1) Deployment Guidelines
- Passpoint collaboration with Wireless Broadband Alliance
- Are Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products protected by security?
Yes. All Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products are tested for WPA2 or WPA3. The only way to be sure that a product meets the latest security standards is to purchase only Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products.
- How does Passpoint support service provider branding and customer relationships?
Passpoint-enabled mobile devices can “see behind” the network to choose networks based on a list of preferred (direct or partner) providers, specific services and/or the best performance characteristics. For service providers offering a managed experience, invisible authentication is a valuable element. For service providers where a click-through screen is essential for acceptance of terms and conditions or branding, Passpoint networks can support that configuration.
- How do companies use the Passpoint trademark?
The term “Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Passpoint™” designates products that have been certified by Wi-Fi Alliance,and is the commercial name for the certification program. The underlying specification or technology is called “Wi-Fi Alliance Hotspot 2.0 Specification”. Only products which have completed and passed Wi-Fi certification to the Hotspot 2.0 test plan may use the Passpoint name. On second instance, you may refer to “Passpoint “products (dropping the term Wi-Fi CERTIFIED). There is no special logo or visual indicator for Passpoint.
- How does Passpoint equipment support Wi-Fi roaming?
Passpoint devices use industry-agreed uniform mechanisms for discovering and creating secured connections to hotspots. This allows a subscriber to experience seamless Wi-Fi connectivity to a hotspot anywhere in the world his provider covers through roaming agreements. Passpoint is specified as a requirement for the Wireless Broadband Alliance’s industry work on Wi-Fi roaming.
- What standards does Passpoint draw on?
Passpoint makes use of elements of IEEE 802.11u during discovery. The specification underlying Passpoint also leverages WPA2™-Enterprise security and new technology defined in Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Who created the Passpoint program?
Members of Wi-Fi Alliance created the program. The group which developed Passpoint includes service providers, mobile operators, fixed line operators, and makers of mobile devices and infrastructure equipment.
- What does Passpoint mean for end users?
Users with certified mobile equipment can enjoy the benefits of streamlined network selection and streamlined, secure connectivity at hotspots with Passpoint equipment. Passpoint-enabled devices operate based on user preference.
- Can existing equipment be upgraded for Passpoint?
The hardware and software platform of a given device determines whether it can be upgraded in the field. Equipment that has previously undergone certification testing can be updated and resubmitted for Passpoint certification.
- Can legacy clients join a network with Passpoint access points?
Legacy mobile devices can connect to Passpoint access points configured for open system authentication, although they will not enjoy Passpoint features for network selection, automatic authentication or expanded security. A user connecting to an open network with a legacy mobile device will manually find the available networks and then select and connect to his preferred network.
The access points used in hotspot and enterprise networks are often configured to support multiple SSIDs (networks) on the same equipment; a configuration that offers a Passpoint-certified network and a separate open network allows Passpoint mobile devices to enjoy the full benefits while supporting legacy clients.
- Does Passpoint support voice over Wi-Fi?
The scope of Passpoint testing is to ensure that the mechanisms for seamless discovery and creation of a secured link are implemented correctly. It is application-agnostic.
- What features does Passpoint certification test?
Passpoint certification testing ensures that devices perform network discovery, selection and provisioning of services the same way. Passpoint devices are also tested for implementation of WPA2-Enterprise security.
- What types of equipment are tested for Passpoint?
Infrastructure equipment (e.g. access points) as well as mobile and portable end points (e.g. smartphones, tablets, notebooks) have been certified. Passpoint is available on both SIM and non-SIM mobile devices.
- What is the difference between Passpoint and Hotspot 2.0?
Passpoint is the brand for the certification program operated by Wi-Fi Alliance. Devices that pass this certification testing can be referred to as “Passpoint devices”. Passpoint certification is based on the Wi-Fi Alliance Hotspot 2.0 Specification. This is the underlying technological specification developed by Wi-Fi Alliance members, and is copyrighted and owned by Wi-Fi Alliance.
- How does Wi-Fi Alliance help ensure product compatibility and a good user experience for certified products?
Compatibility and quality are achieved through rigorous testing of Wi-Fi products. Consumers should always look for the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo to ensure the best user experience possible.