Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise: Voice quality and bandwidth management tools for the enterprise
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise defines the requirements for achieving enterprise-grade voice quality, improved mobility, device power savings, and security over Wi-Fi. The Voice-Enterprise program is designed to help large enterprise networks deliver voice quality in applications such as online collaboration tools and meeting applications, and enable consistent Wi-Fi calling while traversing large campuses across multiple access points (APs).
Voice-Enterprise devices ensure consistent voice quality remains high while latency, jitter, and packet loss remain low. Key features of the Voice-Enterprise program include:
- Traffic prioritization: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WMM® certification allows network administrators to prioritize voice traffic over other multimedia traffic to provide quality of service (QoS) specific to voice applications
- Bandwidth management: WMM®-Admission Control provides bandwidth management tools to optimize voice delivery and balance traffic load
- Seamless transitions: Fast basic service set (BSS) transition ensures that users can move across areas in the Wi-Fi network that are covered by different APs
- Power savings: WMM-Power Save optimizes power consumption to extend the battery life of handheld devices
- Security: Enterprise-level Wi-Fi security
|Voice-Enterprise certified products|
- Are Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products protected by security?
Yes. All Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products are tested for WPA2 or WPA3. The only way to be sure that a product meets the latest security standards is to purchase only Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products.
- How does Wi-Fi Alliance help ensure product compatibility and a good user experience for certified products?
Compatibility and quality are achieved through testing of Wi-Fi products. Consumers should always look for the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo to ensure the best user experience possible.
- Do devices with Voice-Enterprise work with legacy devices?
To benefit from Voice-Enterprise functionality, both the AP and client device need to be Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise. Any Wi-Fi CERTIFIED client devices in a Voice-Enterprise network that do not support Voice-Enterprise are interoperable with other Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices, but do not take advantage of advanced features of voice quality and bandwidth management features of Voice-Enterprise.
- Does Voice-Enterprise test performance requirements?
The Voice-Enterprise certification program tests the performance of the Wi-Fi implementations in voice over Wi-Fi application, in a simulated network environment, with four (802.11b) or ten (802.11a/g/n) concurrent voice calls, a high speed video stream, and sustained data traffic loads, designed to represent a fully loaded network. To achieve certification, devices must meet the following thresholds:
- Packet loss of less than 1%
- No more than three consecutive lost packets
- Latency of less than 50 milliseconds
- Maximum jitter of less than 50 milliseconds
- How does WMM-Admission Control relate to the Voice-Enterprise program?
WMM-Admission Control certification is required for the Voice-Enterprise certification program.