Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise: Voice quality and bandwidth management tools for the enterprise
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Voice-Enterprise defines the requirements for achieving enterprise-grade voice quality, improved mobility, device power savings, and security over Wi-Fi. The Voice-Enterprise program is designed to help large enterprise networks deliver voice quality in applications such as online collaboration tools and meeting applications, and enable consistent Wi-Fi calling while traversing large campuses across multiple access points (APs).
Voice-Enterprise devices ensure consistent voice quality remains high while latency, jitter, and packet loss remain low. Key features of the Voice-Enterprise program include:
- Traffic prioritization: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WMM® certification allows network administrators to prioritize voice traffic over other multimedia traffic to provide quality of service (QoS) specific to voice applications
- Bandwidth management: WMM®-Admission Control provides bandwidth management tools to optimize voice delivery and balance traffic load
- Seamless transitions: Fast basic service set (BSS) transition ensures that users can move across areas in the Wi-Fi network that are covered by different APs
- Power savings: WMM-Power Save optimizes power consumption to extend the battery life of handheld devices
- Security: Enterprise-level Wi-Fi security